- This event has passed.
Festa di Natale – December 8, 2021
December 8, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
DANTE ALIGHIERI SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON
presents the return of the
FESTA di NATALE POTLUCK
December 8, 2021
St Clement’s Church
1501 32nd Ave S., Seattle 98144
WE HAVE HAVE REACHED OUR CAPACITY LIMIT FOR THE FESTA.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT ANY MORE RESERVATIONS.
For our December 8 meeting, we plan on holding our traditional potluck Festa di Natale, with good food, wine, sparkling conviviality (all supplied by our members!) and a game of tombola. Giuseppe Tassone will be out tombolameister, as usual. There will of course be prizes! There is no charge for attending this meeting.
Members and guests are encouraged to bring main courses, appetizers and/or desserts to share*, as well as a bottle of wine. Your favorite Holiday recipe is welcome!!
(*see guidelines below)
We’re asking you to please make reservations this year. We haven’t done this before but we need a record of who is coming in order to meet COVID guidelines. If you bring guests, please reserve their spots as well.
*We require all attendees to please follow the Live Meeting Covid Guidelines:
- Please bring proof of vaccination if you have not already done so for previous meetings. Only fully vaccinated persons are able to attend in person at this time.
- Masks must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking. Over your nose and mouth, please! Especially when serving yourself at the food table.
- If you bring antipasti or dessert, please portion them for individual servings; avoid serving common dips and spreads. Casseroles don’t need to be portioned – we can dish them out like we do the pasta. All food (including bread) will be served with utensils.
We hope you will feel comfortable enough to come to the party. Our Festa di Natale is always a good way to kick off the Holiday season!
St. Clement’s Episcopal Church, 1501 32nd Ave. S, Seattle 98144, is in the Mt Baker neighborhood, just south of where I-90 meets Rainier Avenue. You may park in the church lot; there is also ample free street parking. Look for Dante signs at the lower entrance to the church, next to the garden.
DANTE ALIGHIERI SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON
Live Meeting COVID Guidelines
Even as COVID variants continue to plague the population, we are trying to return to offering live meetings for Dante this season. We’ve all been longing for a return to shared meals, and since this is foundational to Dante activities, we want to make it possible. Following the guidelines and regulations now in place by many workplaces, public venues and community groups, the Dante Board of Directors has agreed to the guidelines listed below as an acceptable plan to keep us as safe as possible when meeting in person. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these regulations and will continue to stay current as the season evolves. If things get better, we may be able to loosen up the current plans. But meanwhile, we ask that Dante members and those from our wider mailing list cooperate with the plans as outlined below. These are also in keeping with the rules provided by St. Clements, our new residence.
1) Mandatory proof of full vaccination is required for anyone attending any live Dante Meeting. This applies to members, presenters, cooks and guests. Please bring a photo or photocopy of your COVID card with you when you come to any meeting. Dante is not set up to offer secure web-site proof, where you can upload a photo, as some workplaces are able to do. Please just bring the photo on your phone or a photocopy of the card with you. We will make the check-in process as streamlined as possible, hopefully needing to screen your proof only once.
2) Obviously – please do not attend if you have been exposed to COVID, or are experiencing any symptoms of illness. We will make best efforts to record the presentations so that those who cannot attend in person can enjoy them afterwards. There will also be a few meetings presented on ZOOM instead of live this season, for all to enjoy like last year.
3) Masks should be worn at all times at meetings except when seated for dining. This roughly follows the current Washington State rules for indoor restaurant dining and is in line with St. Clements current practice. We will have the windows and doors open as possible in our downstairs dining area. Presentations will take place in the upstairs sanctuary where there is more room for seating at distanced intervals. Presenters can unmask for their talks, as they will be distanced from those seated.
4) Those preparing and/or bringing food to meetings: please mask and wash hands in the preparation of food to be shared. Pre-Dante-Pasta chefs will stay masked in the kitchen. For anyone bringing antipasti or desserts: please portion for individual servings; avoid serving common dips, spreads etc. Food (including bread, cookies, etc) will be served with utensils. Hand sanitizer will be provided and we ask that we all use it each time we return to the table.
Thank you again for your understanding and observance of these guidelines. Let’s eliminate COVID contagion together!!!