We Embrace All Who Enjoy All Things Italian and Desire To Expand Their Knowledge of a Beautiful Country, Its People and Its Language
The Dante Alighieri Society of Washington promotes Italian language and culture. Our English and Italian programs are open to the public. We host an annual Christmas party and Wine Dinner featuring wines from throughout Italy. The Society sponsors an Italian Language program with beginner to expert classes.
About the Dante Alighieri Society of Washington
The Società Dante Alighieri, with headquarters in Rome, is the leading institution in Italy and abroad for the teaching and promotion of the Italian language and culture. Since 1984 the Dante Alighieri Society of Washington State, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, has offered classes in Seattle on Seattle University campus in the heart of the city. Classes are small and taught by qualified native speakers.
Italian Language Classes in Seattle
Interested in learning Italian or improving your current languages skills? If you are, you have come to the right place.
For over 30 years, the Italian language program of the Dante Alighieri Society of Washington has been the ideal place to learn Italian in the Seattle area. Our classes are small, curriculum is rigorous and yet entertaining, high-tech classrooms are hosted by Seattle University and our teachers are qualified native Italian speakers.
When: October 14, 2020 Speaker: Joyce Ramée Topic: Chamber Music of 2 Italian Composers Location: Online A link will be emailed to the Dante Society Email list prior to the meeting. There will be a "social hour" beginning at 7 pm. The presentation will start at 7:30....
When: September 23, 2020 Speaker: Dante Language Program Instructor Topic: Francesca Giambartolomei Location: Online A link will be emailed to the Dante Society Email list prior to the meeting. There will be a “social hour” beginning at 7 pm. The presentation will...
When: September 9, 2020Speaker: Domenico MinottiTopic: "Festa Italiana" QuizLocation: Online A link will be emailed to the Dante Society Email list prior to the meeting. There will be a “social hour” beginning at 7 pm. The presentation will start at 7:30. Agenda...
Wednesday, August 6, 2020 @ 7 pm via Zoom Agenda TBD
Agenda Approval of Minutes from last 2 Board Meetings – April 6 and May 20 Old Business Festa di Natale per i Bambini not taking place this year; Festa being postponed New Business Language School Director’s proposals for summer courses and 2020-2021 school year...
Il Punto Festa di Carnevale 2020 Saturday, February 8, 2020 from 6 – 10 PM Mercer Island Congregational Church 4545 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island, WATickets are now on sale and are available for purchase until February 5, 2020. The cost is $50 per person, $20 for...
One of our Dante members, Andrea Aldrich, recently interviewed the Artistic Director of SIFF, Beth Barrett, during a recent episode of her podcast, Italy Inside Out. Beth gives us insider information about the Seattle International Film Festival and the reason Cinema...
- ZOOM LINK and AGENDA for AGM 4_14_21
- AGM is April 14 - renew now if you have not!
- Dante Society Annual Meeting April 14, 2021
- La Voce April 2021
- Presenting Dante's Inferno - MOVIE NIGHT March 24
- Dante March Italian Meeting - Silent Movie Night!
- Please renew your Dante Membership now!
- Celebrating Dante! March 10 English Meeting Zoom - Updated
- Celebrating Dante! March 10 English Meeting Zoom
- Dante March English & Italian Meetings and more!
- La Voce March 2021
- ZOOM LINK FOR Venice and the Establishment of Printing in Italy in the late 15th Century
- Zoom link for Dante English Meeting February 10
- Dante Alighieri Society February Meetings
- Events from Dante Vancouver BC - tonight & Feb 25!
Sign up for our email list
Receive announcements of Dante Society events and activities
Become a Member
The Dante Alighieri Society is a IRS 501(c)(3) organization. Membership is open to anyone who supports the objectives of the organization. We embrace anyone who enjoys all things Italian and desires to expand their knowledge of a beautiful country and its people.
- Dante memberships and donations are tax-deductible
- Membership provides discounts at some attractions in Italy
- Opportunity for free tickets SIFF’s Cinema Italian-style film festival
- Come to our annual wine dinner for members and guests