Festa Italiana and the Seattle Art Museum present ten films by Federico Fellini in honor of the 100th anniversary of his birth. The series begins on March 19 at 7:30 pm with a showing of “The White Sheik” and “Toby Dammit.” Other films in the series will include “La Strada”, “The Nights of Cabiria”, “8 1/2” and “Amarcord”. Check out the SAM website for more information and to buy tickets.
Ciao a tutti –
We are mindful of the growing concerns of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 in the news and in our community and want to be sure we all stay safe.
At this time, both the March 11 English meeting with the Pre-Dante Pasta Dinner and the March 25 Italian meeting will continue as planned.
While public health officials have not recommended any restrictions on group gatherings, they do recommend that vulnerable populations avoid crowded settings. Persons who are older or who have underlying health conditions are at higher risk to develop complications from this virus.
If you are sick, we thank you for staying home from Dante meetings.
In an effort to keep our food safe, please be sure to bring serving implements for any antipasti/dolci you provide for the meetings — please avoid finger-foods for now!
Registration for spring quarter is now open for continuing students and new students and closes on March 20. Information on the classes and registration instructions are available here. The first day of class will be Tuesday, March 31. We recommend that absolute beginners start classes in the fall. Students with some knowledge of Italian are often able to start classes in the Spring quarter without difficulty. For assistance in choosing the correct class, please contact the Language Program director, Giuseppe Tassone.
- Italian native language speaker required.
- Experience as a moderator is not necessary.
- Desire to share your knowledge of the Italian language and culture with enthusiastic (up to 8) participants required.
- Help with identifying conversation topics available or you can select your own.
- Un sabato al mese, i gruppi si riuniscono per 90 minuti di conversazione guidata da una persona madrelingua italiana.
- Non e` necessario avere esperienza come insegnante: e` sufficiente il desiderio di condividere la lingua e cultura italiana con persone entusiaste dell’Italia.
- Ti possiamo suggerire noi gli argomenti, o li scegli tu!